Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Peripheral Neuropathy Diagnosis and Treatment

Peripheral Neuropathy Diagnosis and Treatment 
I’ve talked about peripheral neuropathy just a short while ago.  Since I frequently receive questions on my neuropathy program-- and since more and more people affected by this condition are now turning to chiropractic care for help-- I thought I should go into a few of the specifics when it comes to diagnosing and treating peripheral neuropathy with natural, drug-free treatments.  At Summit Chiropractic and Longevity Center, I offer diagnostic tools and customized treatment programs that have helped many of my patients manage and prevent the advance of their peripheral neuropathy symptoms.  Here’s a brief overview of our peripheral neuropathy diagnosis and treatment program.
 
While some neuropathy patients of mine have already received a diagnosis when they come to see me, many others are only aware that they experience a sharp, burning and tingling pain.  This pain usually starts in the feet and runs up the patient’s body. These pains are often increased when subjected to touch and increases or decreases in temperature. When a patient describes this and other physical symptoms that are in line with the condition, I typically begin the diagnostic process. Diagnosis of peripheral neuropathy usually a series of test that tell me more about the patient’s reflexes, nerves, posture and coordination.  Nerve function tests and an ENFD (Epidermal Nerve Fiber Density) testing may be performed, especially if small fiber neuropathy is suspected.  This diagnostic process gives insight into the specific type of neuropathy affecting the patient.  Such specifics are easily overlooked in the large fiber neuropathy diagnosis, which makes it difficult to implement an effective treatment.
 
Once we determine the nature of the patient’s specific type of neuropathy, I’m able to create a neuropathy treatment program.  Individual programs are designed with three specific points in mind.  The first being the type of neuropathy to be treated, followed by the underlying biological and lifestyle factors that may have contributed to the presence of the neuropathy, and finally, the current condition and lifestyle needs of the patient.  One or a combination of resources I offer at Summit Chiropractic and Longevity Center is then utilized to help the patient overcome their pain and manage their condition—all without the use of drugs or invasive procedures.  Such resources include cold laser therapy and vibration, to help soothe and stimulate the patient’s internal tissues. Aid with dietary and fitness improvements may also be implemented to control and inhibit the spread of neuropathy’s symptoms to other parts of the body.
 
For any of my readers who want to learn more about how I naturally and effectively treat peripheral neuropathy with your overall wellness in mind, I invite your calls and questions. Contact me directly at my chiropractic and longevity center in San Rafael, CA. by visiting my website or calling 415-721-7520.
 
My Peripheral Neuropathy Screening Questionnaire and Peripheral Neuropathy Program form can be printed directly from my website.  If you or someone you care about has been affected, get in touch with me today! Natural, healthy and lasting relief is possible!    
 
                Yours in health,
Dr. Kent G. Carlomagno, D.C.
Summit Chiropractic and Longevity Center

No comments:

Post a Comment